Saturday, 4 April 2015

Where Willow gets the hump

There has been a little bit of an interlude on the blog. I'm sorry.

Willow's had a bit of a rough time.

In fact she had the hump. A rather big one. And we needed to have it removed.


There were too the days in between the lump growing and it being removed when we didn't know what it was. I of course worried myself sick. Worry does nothing for creative juices.

Luckily, we're with the Mobile Vet. A fantastic service where they bring their surgery to you.

I was worried about how we were going to get her anaesthetised - Willow likes noone but her humans. The vet took all that worry away. He popped in, we sat on the sofa Willow and I, he produced a sedative, injected it as if by magic, and left us to wait for the drug to work. Within ten minutes Willow was asleep in my arms. I was in bits.


Two hours later - the vet bought her back to me, still anaesthetised and administered the reversal drug whilst she was in my arms. She woke, a lot sorer, but with no idea any 'strangers' had been touching her. The whole thing was a stress free as we could make it for her - and for that I'm hugely grateful.

And the lump was nothing sinister. *happy dancing*

The past few days have been slow for us. Trying to get Willow to eat, and making sure she's as happy as she can be.

Today she's up-and-at-'em. Pulling her toys out of her toy basket (feels like months I've waited to see her do that again) and bugging Harvey to wrestle with her. We've of course curbed that enthusiasm.

We're back on track!

Yesterday, I clicked into my Facebook to find my friend had painted this wonderful picture of my 'kids'. Oh how I love it!



 You can join me over at these places: Facebook (brand new Pet Chronicles page) Twitter - Instagram 

Subscribe to this blog and receive an email alert each time I post


5 comments:

  1. We are glad to hear it wasn't anything bad,and send lots of prayers and Speedy snuggles for a speedy recovery,xx Speedy and Mum Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that's a huge incision! I'm glad Willow is okay!

    That painting is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling Willow and Harvey xx Am so glad your little angel has come through a rotten time with Harvey making sure her spirits are kept high. Two beautiful, yes, beautiful dogs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor girl! I'm so glad that it turned out ok and the lump wasn't anything. Do they know why it started?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - ask questions, give your point of view or just meet new people in the comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


BLOG DESIGN BY BLOG ME BEAUTIFUL